2001 Z06 Corvette – “FLUFFY”
Chris came to CMP looking for more power in his current engine to improve his level of competition at autocross and road course events, while also maintaining drivability.
Consulting, Engine Dyno, Engine Optimization: Designed and built 427 ci, CNC 243 heads, CMP cam shaft.
2016 Motor State Challenge
– Overall Late Model Winner
- 4.8 seconds quicker lap time with a 5 mph gain on the straightway from 2015
- Fastest timed lap in the 8-year history of the event 2016 Ultimate Street Car Association at Road America – Overall GTL Class Winner
- 4 mph gain on back straight from 2015
- Earned an invite to OPTIMA’s Ultimate Street Car Invitational in Las Vegas
“The attention to detail from Al is unmatched by anyone in the industry. Because of his incredible knowledge of a combustion engine’s inner-workings, my Z06 is now pulling an additional 5-6 mph on the straightaways. I could not ask for more out of an old NA engine that still has 15-year-old stock casting heads. Lots of shops can make big power, but also build engines that have terrible street manners. My Corvette is just as comfortable on the race track as it is cruising along in sixth gear…at 1,400 RPMs…with the AC on. That, to me, is a win!” —Chris Jacobs